Welcome to Zannerpalooza World Tour 2011

Welcome to Zannerpalooza World Tour 2011! As many of you know, I have the good fortune of taking a year off to travel. Please enjoy my thoughts, rants and the occasional photo from parts of the world that are new to me. Please tolerate the lack of literary genius that sprawls these pages.



Friday, April 1, 2011

It's The Little Things...Part 2

As I think back to my adventure in South America, I don't want to forget the little things that helped make my trip memorable and fun.  I cannot wait to return to South America as there is so much to see and do.

The most amazing part of my travels has been the people.  I have learned that it never hurts to be more social, and to 'get out there'.  People can touch your heart in amazing ways.  I wonder why amazing people come into your life for such a small amount of time?  I often think:  "Wow, this person has really made a difference in my life, why must we go our separate ways?"  Perhaps knowing these high impact, touching interactions are time sensitive is what makes them so special.

In Cusco, Peru - this mom was hugging and kissing her baby just like any mother would.  The baby would laugh and giggle and it brought a huge smile to my face.

On a much less philosophical note, almost every street corner had something interesting and a few reasons to smile.


Many streets are crushed slate which is very, very bumpy. 
 I couldn't help but laugh for the entire ride in Puerto Iguazu.

For $55 that had better be THE BEST Big Mac in the world.

This hotel elevator in Montevideo has floor -1. 
Is this a basement, or the fiery depths of hell? 

You fill up your car with "Gas Oil"

I had to pay $150 to go pee. 
I never knew my pee was so valuable.
I agree with the Municipal Government of Santiago - on an four-lane highway the wheelbarrow might not be the safest option.
Oh, that's where the Royal Chickens live! 
I wonder if they'll make it to the Royal Wedding?
A Lamborgini I can actually afford.

Hmmm...I wonder if they serve Grizzly or Polar?

Someone's going to have a fun night.
Mmmm...Chocolate Beer.
Oh!  That's how they get the classic orange look!

Check back soon for a quick update on my trip to the Bahamas.  I spent quite a bit of time in Paradise and loved every minute of it.  However, the blog entry will be relatively short.  Although it was an amazing time for inner reflection, there is only so much you can blog about suntanning, reading, swimming, and long walks on the beach, solo.  I did have some fun though!...

No comments:

Post a Comment