Welcome to Zannerpalooza World Tour 2011

Welcome to Zannerpalooza World Tour 2011! As many of you know, I have the good fortune of taking a year off to travel. Please enjoy my thoughts, rants and the occasional photo from parts of the world that are new to me. Please tolerate the lack of literary genius that sprawls these pages.



Friday, May 13, 2011

Sister Act

From Dublin we drove to Belfast to catch a ferry to Scotland.  My friends Amanda and Bobbie-Jo met up with us in Belfast's Donegall Square.   It wasn't enough that they got up early to meet us - they came bearing gifts!  I was thrilled that they bought me an Irish claddagh necklace and Greg a Northern Ireland soccer jersey.
Bobbie-Jo, Zanner, Greg and Amanda in Belfast.
My new necklace.

The sisters made us a yummy lunch that we ate on our ferry ride to Scotland.  All the other passengers were very jealous.

A true friend puts chocolate in your lunch!

I found it incredibly special that they put in so much effort, all for a 15 minute visit!  That is all the bus tour allowed us for time.   I met Amanda and Bobbie-Jo at Coral Beach in the Bahamas when I was there in March.  I was so touched that we got the chance to reconnect, it made my Ireland trip one I will never forget.
Amanda, Zanner and Bobbie-Jo in Bahamas in March 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment