Welcome to Zannerpalooza World Tour 2011

Welcome to Zannerpalooza World Tour 2011! As many of you know, I have the good fortune of taking a year off to travel. Please enjoy my thoughts, rants and the occasional photo from parts of the world that are new to me. Please tolerate the lack of literary genius that sprawls these pages.



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's The Little Things...Part 1

It's the little things about travelling that make it fun and exciting.  This part of the blog is where I share the small intricacies that are not mentioned in the travel books, or on Wikipedia.  It's about discovering the answers to questions I had before arriving.  Questions like:

In a Spanish drugstore, do they sell Dove and Head & Shoulders, or are the products called "Pajaro" and "Cabeza & Hombros"?

This is my chance to share with you what I enjoy noticing about the world.

The sidewalks in Buenos Aires are all small rectangles - not the concrete of our Canadian streets.


The light switches are horizontal, not vertical.

The bathrooms have a bidet...bidet don't know how to use it!

There is advertising on the street signs.

Pigeons are everywhere.

Creatures that look like a cross between an anteater, raccoon and rat.  I'm going to call him an "Antcoonat".

Stores for the constipated!


Recognize any of these titles?


 
And the answer to the question is that the language of global marketing is universal!

No comments:

Post a Comment