Welcome to Zannerpalooza World Tour 2011

Welcome to Zannerpalooza World Tour 2011! As many of you know, I have the good fortune of taking a year off to travel. Please enjoy my thoughts, rants and the occasional photo from parts of the world that are new to me. Please tolerate the lack of literary genius that sprawls these pages.



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

As Good As It Gets

Every once in a while my life seems to make sense.  Somehow, the cosmos come together as I gaze across a view that confirms my existence on this planet cannot be for nothing. 
Lago Maggiore in Northern Italy.
The lake is surrounded by hills and has many islands.
View from my hotel room.

Such an all-encompassing panorama stops all senses, and my body is able to center itself and recharge.  This has only happened for me on a few prior occasions, but each cosmic shift has occurred at a lake. 

Island and Castle Cannero.
Castle Cannero at night.

Lakeside views, especially at sunset, allow me to harness the "Power of Now" and all the themes from self-help books that are jostling around in my head.
Tramonto Italiano - Italian sunset.


It poured rain for most of my stay in Stresa, a lakeside village on Lago Maggiore in Italy.  The sun peaked out in the evenings but the days were rainy.  I travelled on a ferry to see several of the islands collected on Lago Maggiore.  In Verbania Pallanza I was treated to a free outdoor concert, and a cup of rich, elegant hot chocolate.
Lago Maggiore Ferry - The Venezia.
Choir ensemble in Pallanza.


I believe the rain was  a good thing.  Had it been sunny and nice, I would have been forced to  send Greg a plane ticket to join me in this paradise.  We may have never returned home and as a result I would miss my family and friends.  I still enjoyed my time in the rain, but things happen for a reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment